This magnificent Estate, founded by Massino and Chiara Ferragamo, is immersed in UNESCO protected Park of the Val d’Orcia and in the Brunello wine-making region, at only 13 km away from Montalcino, and it is ennobled by eight centuries of history; surrounded by rolling wooded hills, extensive vineyards and farmland dotted with ancient farmhouses. Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco offers its guests the chance to immerse themselves in the beauty of this authentic corner of Tuscany, in a setting of unparalleled elegance and refinement.
The Estate buildings and outlying farmhouses have been restored by local craftsmen to create sumptuous living environments, unified by a décor which channels the heritage and the rich colors of the surrounding Sienese landscape. Perched on the top of one of the highest hills of the estate, the Borgo is, as it has been for centuries, the main hub of activities at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco. Renovated to exacting standards, the Borgo today hosts many of the estate’s exceptional amenities.
– 10 renovated villas, with private infinity pool
– 23 spacious Suites, from 50 to 180 square meters
– Cooking School ” La Canonica “
– Two restaurants : Osteria La Canonica, for traditional cuisine in a casual but refined atmosphere, and the restaurant Campo del Drago, for those who want a refined and elegant Italian cuisine
– The Kitchen Garden with 180 varieties of vegetables and herbs
– The shop where you can buy local selected delicacies and other products of Castiglion del Bosco
– 2 bars: CdB Bar and the Pool Bar
– Heated swimming pool with infinity edge overlooking the hills of Montalcino
– The Spa at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco
– Fitness center
– Reception and Concierge 24/7
– CdB Golf Club reserved for Club members and guests of Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco
– Tennis courts and bowling green
– CdB Kids Club
– CdB Shop
– Private transfers available on request with car/helicopter to and from major airports and major cities
– A careful selection of indoor and outdoor activities at the property, such as Wine Tour & Tasting, Outdoor Gym Training Session, horseback riding, hiking and biking, truffle hunt, visit of the mills, hot air balloon tours, and more.
The villas are equipped with
– Private infinity and heated pools, with natural stone paving
– Lawns and lush gardens
– Terraces with pergola and paving stone
– Spacious and fully equipped kitchens
– Spacious walk-in closets with leather and suede
– High Speed Wireless Internet Access
– IPod docking stations and flat-screen LCD televisions, positioned with the utmost discretion
Services offered in the Villa
– Pastry basket delivered each morning in the Villa
– Welcome grocery upon arrival
– Mini bar
– Wi-Fi and newspaper application for Android and Apple devices
– Daily cleaning and turndown service
– Cleaning on departure
Additional services are available in most of the Villas
– Outdoor wood-fired oven
– Welcoming guest house
– Large pool house
– Private tennis court
Inspired by the colours, textures and majesty of the Val d’Orcia, the 23 Suites in the heart of the Borgo are a haven for relaxation and quiet contemplation, a unique vantage point from which to revel in the myriad pleasures of the Tuscan lifestyle.
The Suites have been lovingly restored with the utmost respect for the original architecture and traditions of this historic Estate, blending the finest antiques with custom pieces created by Tuscan artisans. Ranging in size from 50 to 180 square metres (538 to 1937 square feet), the spacious Suites offer lovely master bedrooms, airy bathrooms with sensual soaking tubs, inviting sitting rooms warmed by the Tuscan sun and private terraces with panoramic views of the countryside.
After careful restoration, the 10 Villas of Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, each having from 2 to 6 bedrooms, are today elegant and stylishly furnished residences blending in perfectly with the estate’s green valleys, wooded hilltops and neatly tended vineyards. Each villa aims to envelop its guests in the warm embrace of Tuscan hospitality. Their elegant country-style interiors are the fruit of meticulous research, combining antiques and bespoke pieces made by Tuscan craftsmen with richly-hued fabrics and natural fibres. The harmonious fusion of ancient flavours, warm contemporary details and rooms equipped with the most modern comforts and advanced technology, makes each Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco Villa a unique living experience. And for the guests in the Villa, the resort provides a selected range of exclusive services, such as Chefs Villa, daily housekeeping and babysitting service.