In the north of Portugal, approximately one hour away from Porto and 15 minutes from the town of Chaves, stands the Vidago Palace Hotel ! This emblematic palace hidden in the woods, set amid the Vidago Nature Park, is an invitation to discovery !
The Vidago Palace is a luxury hotel in a hundred-year-old country house surrounded by mountains and woodlands. It first earned a reputation for its thermal baths, thanks to the excellence of its waters. Nowadays, it is a 5-star hotel, part of the Leading Hotels of the World network, and offers its guests excellent service, a modern Spa and a unique golf course.
The Hotel offers elegant spaces that are ideal for spending time together and enjoying life, in comfort rendered sublime by meticulous attention to detail. Splendid materials, plush carpets, stylish wallpapers, fine architecture and perfect finishings make the Vidago Palace Hotel unique in the world !
The Vidago Palace Hotel Spa is a place of sophisticated elegance and glamour set amid 100 hectares of scented pine and cedar, interspersed with rosemary and lavender across the whole park. The natural mineral water of Vidago, recognised for its curative properties, is used in treatments and health programmes developed under the guidance of a highly specialised medical team.
The Vidago Palace Hotel Golf Course is the ideal place for anyone wanting to combine golf with relaxation and tranquility.This Golf Course was totally reconstructed and transformed into a Par 72, and the 18-hole course has a length of 6,308 metres.
Restaurants and bars
The Vidago Palace has 6 restaurants and bars located throughout the hotel :
– The Grand Ballroom restaurant presents traditional dishes of Northern Portugal, deconstructed and reinterpreted by acclaimed chef Rui Paula.
– Bathed by the light of the day due to its large glass skylight, the Winter Garden Room is perfect for those who wish to stay quietly reading the daily newspapers.
– The menu of the Club House Bar and Restaurant, located near the Golf Course, includes international favourites like Caesar salad, steaks and sandwiches, alongside a number of local dishes.
– The Wine Cellar is a welcoming space where you can sample and savour top-quality wines and buy local products like olive oil, bottled fruit and vegetables, cheeses, preserves, and so on.
– The Pool Bar is an invitation to enjoy a cold drink, a light meal, or simply to relax on a lounger in the peaceful surroundings of the Park.
– Located at the tip of the palace’s North wing under high ceilings, the Four Seasons room, also called Bar & Smoke Room, receives natural light in abundance during all the seasons and is designed in the style of a literary salon of the eighteenth century.
The Hotel has 70 rooms and suites, divided into 4 categories. All rooms have television with international channels, telephone, minibar, safe, air conditioning, hair dryer, bathrobe, wake-up service, bedroom slippers and a desk.
41 Standard Rooms
With lots of natural light, the inviting Classic rooms are spread over the four floors of the hotel and offer fantastic views of the park and the mountains.
1 double or twin bed. 1 bathroom with shower or tub.
16 Superior Rooms
Superior grade rooms are spread across all floors of the hotel, providing a pleasant view to the hills.
1 double or twin bed. 1 bathroom with bathtub or shower.
9 Privilege Rooms
Privilege rooms offer an interesting detail: they receive natural light from several windows, framing a perfect view of the hotel’s surroundings.
1 double or twin bed. 1 bathroom with bathtub and shower.
Situated on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors of the hotel, on the axis of the central wing, opposite the fountain, they enjoy a superb view.
1 double or twin bed. 1 bathroom with bathtub and shower. 1 living room. 1 closet. 1 office.